Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cocktail Bars

Last Saturday night I went with a group of friends to a cocktail bar. Before I go on, I must stress that I was in mixed company, because, let's face it, no self-respecting group of guys would just spontaneously decide to go to a cocktail bar and drink Cosmos.

I should have sticked with beer, and I knew it because this was not the first time I decided to be sophisticated an drink cocktails. While I was in Milan we often went to bars to have dinner for free (it's called aperitivo, look it up). And on this "happy hour" as it is sometimes called - even though it was actually 2 hours - all drinks cost the same. That means a beer costs the same as a Frozen Strawberry Margarita. As you can imagine we tried all sorts of funny drinks - shit, if they all cost the same, bring me a Tequila Sunrise! After a while, though, I gradually started coming back to the kind of drinks I like: plain simple beer/wine/spirits.

Anyway, I went to the place. The drinks were great and original, the music was, you know, whatever. But sure enough, I didn't really have a lot of fun. On the whole, the night was...okay. I think this is because the drinking experience of a cocktail bar is not exactly the same as the one I'm used to. Here is a table illustrating what I mean:



Cocktail bars: not my thing.

Click here if you think drinks are better of without an umbrella!

No comments:

Post a Comment